You will visit seven lakes with different beautiful colors like green, turquoise, and bright blue, in addition to spectacular mountains part of the Vilcanota range such as Ausagante and Ayancate. After the trek, you can also enjoy a relaxing moment in the thermal baths, with a stunning view on the Ausangate.
Day by Day
Cusco – Tinki Ausangate– Cusco
We will pick you up from your accommodation in Cusco around 4:30 a.m to 5:00 a.m and we will then drive for about two hours to the village of Tinki. From there, we will drive for around one hour more to get to the starting point of our hike, where we will have breakfast. After breakfast, we will start our hike. We will hike for about one and a half hours gently uphill to get to the first lake. From that point, we will be really close to the other six lakes, and the way will get easier as it will go mostly downhill or flat. We will have plenty of time to take photos of the lakes and glaciers. After the hike, we will have lunch and you will have the opportunity to enjoy a relaxing moment in the thermal baths with a great view of the Ausangate. We will then make our way back to Cusco, which should take around three hours.
Price: US per person
What is included:
- Pick up from your accommodation in Cusco
- Drop off near the main square
- Fluent English speaking tour guide
- Round trip transportation
- Lunch (vegetarian option available)
- Oxygen tank
- First aid kit
- Meals not described on the itinerary and snacks
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Walking poles
- Entrance fee to the hot springs (around 5 soles per person)
- Entrance fee to the site in Tinki (10 soles per person)
Lo que hay que llevar:
- Hiking boots
- Small daypack or backpack (approximately 20L)
- Comfortable, lightweight trekking clothes or activewear (layers recommended)
- Waterproof, sturdy hiking boots with good ankle support and traction
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Warm coat
- Hat and gloves
- Hand sanitizer
- Sun hat or cap
- Water (at least 1L)
- Personal medication
- Muscle relaxers
- Painkillers or anti-inflammatories
- Bandaids (especially those designed for blisters)
- Toilet paper
- Cash (in small denominations of Peruvian Nuevos soles)
Where is the start of the hike located?
It is located around 3 hours from Cusco by car.
When does the tour start and finish?
We will start at 5:00 a.m. and finish around 6:30 p.m.
Is lunch included?
Yes, you will receive a lunch.
Is there a toilet on the bus?
No, however we can stop for toilet breaks.
What is the maximum altitude?
The maximum altitude we will reach is 3,400m/11,220ft
What will I do if I suffer from altitude sickness?
We will treat you accordingly. We carry oxygen cylinders and altitude tablets.